2020 is a busy year for Startupfest. Not only is it our tenth year, but we’re also expanding the number of regional events we run so we can connect with the Startupfest community worldwide.
Over the past decade, tens of thousands of people have traveled to Montreal for Canada’s original startup event. The diaspora is scattered around the world, much of it in tech clusters like Silicon Valley, New York, London, Berlin, Paris, Denver, and Austin.
In the coming months, we’ll be holding meetups in cities like that as a chance to meet fellow alumni and new friends. Here are some dates to keep in mind if you’re part of the global Startupfest family:
- Just in time for Valentines’ day, we’re doing a meetup with our friends at Data Natives in Berlin on February 18, looking at data, startups, and sex tech!
- Along with our partners at ETW Advisors and Georgian Partners, we’ll be hosting a Startupfest gathering at a funky gallery in the Mission called The Laundry on March 11. We’ll be sending out an initial set of invites to our alumni, past attendees, and friends, then opening up ticket sales to a broader audience. If you’re interested in attending, drop us a line!
- On April 16, along with Zinc.vc—an organization working on solutions to the most important societal problems in the developed world—we’ll be running a meetup around subversive growth strategies.
- In May, we’ll be running an event in Moncton, NB, since we’re in town for the AtlanticNet 2020 conference.
- In June, we’re coming to Winnipeg, MB, with the help of our friends at New Media Manitoba, since we’re in town for InfoCon Can 2020.
Startupfest is an amazing annual event. But the ecosystem of founders, advisors, and investors connects year-round, and as we travel the globe in preparation for our tenth event, we can’t wait to see you!